Sunday, January 6, 2008

Links


Links:


When I began the blog I promised there would be links and pictures. There are pictures but I haven’t done much with links yet. So here are a few pertinent ones in case you want to look at some of the stuff I talk about. Most of these will have to do with transportation or local government.


Newcastle:
http://www.ci.newcastle.wa.us/index.asp

Washington State DOT: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/





And one of the few rules in blogging is that I have absolutely no control over the content of any other site. You go to that site and it’s theirs. For example if you send the WSDOT an email complaining about some remark I made they will send you a $49 ticket for crossing the bridge without paying. It’s their standard answer to all email.


Also, if you’re new to the whole concept of a blog it’s kind of a natural extension of what I’ve been doing. The main difference is anyone who happens to stumble onto it via Google or whatever can read it. With the email version anyone who gets it can forward the email to anyone else. With a blog all you need to send is the URL.


A blog is just a log or diary that’s posted on the web. Blog is short for web log. That’s about all for now; my head is full.


Al

No comments: