Friday, December 28, 2007

Blogs and Nature:

Blogs and Nature:

The blog has a certain number of formatting requirements that don’t exactly fit the format of my regular notes. For example each sub headline will be a new post. And the paragraph, font, and other mechanical functions work differently. Over time I hope to get more comfortable formatting the entries the way I want, but right now it seems to have a mind of its own.

The other natural aspect of this blog is that I can post my own photos and add links to other web pages. This will come in handy if you want to see some of the stuff I talk about.

And it provides a sidebar where I can post information that doesn’t change much over time. As noted I’m learning more about it and I hope to get better as time goes on.

It also provides a thing called “Atom” which allows a person to subscribe to posts. That means (I guess) they get email whenever a new post hits the blog. That frees me from having to do it.

And that brings us to another question: Who wants to be removed from my email version distribution list? Email is text only but starting fairly soon it will be the same as the text on the blog. So you can choose not to receive the email version. Just let me know.

Al

No comments: